Monday, April 9, 2007

Heads Up: QOTSA's Era Vulgaris

Every music writer should be honest about his favorite acts & songs & albums, because I think then it makes you valid; you're brave enough to take a stand in front of the world, and in some cases fight for something most people might reject. Queens of the Stone Age are the band for me; they're my favorite current band, and one of my top few ever. I haven't loved everything they've ever done (I could level some harsh criticisms towards Lullabies to Paralyze), but I've loved most of it, and I've always supported why they do it. So, my point is, really, that you'll be seeing a lot of QOTSA-related stuff on here surrounding the release of their new album, Era Vulgaris.

The band has now set a release date, June 12th, and released the tracklist. The album will pack 10 brand new punches, plus the obligatory Desert Sessions track - this time it's the great "I Wanna Make It Wit Chu", which in my opinion, is one of Josh Homme's best songs to date.

Era Vulgaris tracklist:
01. Turning On The Screw
02. Sick, Sick, Sick
03. I'm Designer
04. Into The Hollow
05. Misfit Love
06. Battery Acid
07. Make It Wit Chu
08. 3's & 7's
09. Suture Up Your Future
10. River In The Road
11. Run Pig Run

The second in-studio album teaser that's been floating around:


-Queens of the Stone Age official site
(featuring a vicious loop from "Sick, Sick, Sick")

1 comment:

Janet Diaz said...

oh, so you're a guy that digged, liked, enjoyed, or whatever...

(ah...i'm a writer too...)

so..."City of God." and Country says nothing to you...

Unique...my friend!

I salute You!

Love ny-quers

jan