Thursday, February 15, 2007

From the desk of employee # 70453

I was feeling a little nostalgic for Tower Records today. I spent the best 5 years of my life there. I doubt any job will ever be as sweet. So I thought I'd post a list of the CDs I got my last time in the store...

Mew: And The Glass Handed Kites
Comets On Fire: Avatar
Brightblack Morning Light: s/t
Art Brut: Bang Bang Rock & Roll (US version with the bonus tracks)
Band of Horses: Everything All The Time
Sway: This Is My Demo (import)
Stars: Set Yourself On Fire
Hot Chip: The Warning
Serena Maneesh: s/t
Mastodan: Blood Mountain
The National: Alligator
Les Savy Fav: The Cat & The Cobra
Arcade Fire: Funeral
The Coup: Pick A Bigger Weapon
Built To Spill: You In Reverse
The Rapture: Pieces Of The People We Love
and a few more CDs as x-mas gifts.

I bought these at the store in Huntington, NY (I worked at the Carle Place store). Well into my second hour of shopping, while I was hunched over & sweating, double fisting stacks of discs my hands could barely contain, and lost somewhere in the Pop/Rock/Soul T's, a 40-something man came up to me. He said he noticed I was buying alot of CDs, and handed me a gift card. He said, "Here. I can't find anything I want. There's $50 on here. Merry Christmas." I swear - you'll never catch a Best Buy customer doing that. I will always fucking love Tower with all my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dood,

You need to be writing in this thing like every day! I want more.