Wednesday, February 14, 2007

You CAN still learn stuff watching MTV...

I know I haven't posted in a hot minute. I just got a new computer, so I'm working out the kinks & trying to get iTunes to do my bidding (it doesn't like when you try & upload 14 gb of music all in one go).

Anyway, I had to jump on and share this nugget...
You know directing team Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris, they who gave us (the Oscar nominated) Little Miss Sunshine last year? Well, I thought they got their start around the mid 90's because the first time I ever heard of them was during the grand push for the Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness (they directed the videos for "1979" and "Tonight Tonight"). But they apparently have a... hairier start: the iconic black & white clip for Extreme's "More Than Words". Hey, as cheesy as the song is, that's a good start for any director.

No comments: