Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Keepon!!!

I consider myself pretty on top of things, but maybe I have to spend a few more lowbrow minutes on YouTube each day so I don't miss this kind of thing again. You may have already seen him, dancing to Spoon's "I Turn My Camera On". He's got 1.3 million views on YouTube. In case you haven't, meet Keepon, the dancing robot.


"Keepon is designed to perform emotional and attention exchange with human interactants (especially, children) in the simplest and most comprehensive way." His eyes are wide-angle cameras and his nose is a microphone. Read more here.

- Keepon's rhythm skills
- ...And he pays attention too

Today comes news that Keepon will (re)unite with Spoon at the Wired NextFest in LA on September 10th. No one knows what will transpire, but I'm going to guess that Keepon will dance to Spoon's music. Just a hunch. Check out the FUCKING AWESOME promo video that is giving Kanye & Zach a run for their money. Watch for Spoon's Jim Eno (at the vending machine) and Britt Daniel (on the escalator).

No comments: